Monday, August 16, 2010

Round 3..Seaside

Round 3: Sunset on the Intrepid

There was in fact a third date with Matt* This date, was a well thought out and well planned date. Most dudes, drinks, dinner and drinks, dinner and a movie, all which are great! This was going to be awesome no matter what. Mark had emailed me a detailed list of three options. The options consisted of Studio Square beer garden in Astoria, a concert in Jones Beach, or a movie on the Intrepid. By a process of elimination, and simple cool factor, movie on the Intrepid it was!

After a crazy and hectic week, Matt had told me that he would take care of everything and to just show up. At this point, I was kind of excited! We met at the Intrepid, and there was an absurdly long line. I was happy to wait, because we got to hang out for a while before the movie.. I also noticed, he had on a massive backpack and wasn't too sure what was inside. When I asked, he responded with "stuff." Very suspicious. It seriously looked like he was going camping.

As we arrive at the top of the ship, the site was spectacular. It was a perfect summer evening, beautiful sunset, and great company. Matt opened his backpack, and pulled out a blanket for us to sit on, as well as plates, cups, napkins (cloth napkins might I add,) 2 Nalgene bottles and a full 3 course meal. Matt opened the Nalgene bottle, and poured ice into both cups. He then opened the other Nalgene and poured homemade Lynchburg Lemonade. For those who aren't total lushes like myself, Lynchburg Lemonade is Jack Daniels, Lemonade and simple syrup. This just couldn't have been better. The movie was great, they were playing Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, one of the greatest movies of all times.

Right up my alley, Matt did not cross any touching lines. Personal choice, but I am not a fan of PDA. The private stuff should be left for a bedroom. A little kiss, a little handholding is one thing..anything else, no one wants to see! After the movie, Matt and I went to a random bar in Hell's Kitchen. On our walk, he stopped me on the corner, and gave me a little kiss, just to show he was enjoying his evening as much as I was. It was about midnight at this point, and after only one drink, we decided it was time to go back to my place.

We got to my place and we respectfully sat on my couch and hung out. I mean, what guy does that! I say that in the best possible way. Most boys, yes boys are 13 years old and can't wait to jump into bed and see all the goodies. We hung out, and it was nice. Granted we made out like teenagers, but he was a total gentleman. Matt spent the night at my apartment and didn't leave until Saturday at 3pm when I kicked him out.

Some people have asked me, what I think. You want to know something; I am a firm believer in taking everything one step at a time. That's the whole point of dating, isn't it?! You can take pleasure in spending many hours with someone, but have no idea where the path will lead you. I'm just taking it one date at a time and waiting to see what happens. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment